Vytautas Magnus University in cooperation with the Association for the Study of Nationalities (ASN) is pleased to announce the joint conference “Europe, Nations, and Insecurity: Challenges to Identities”.
The Conference will be held on 30 June – 2 July 2016 in Kaunas, Lithuania
The panels of the conference will embrace a wide range of topics related to the political and economic situation in all regions of Europe. A serious consideration will be given not only to the persistent problem of state aggression and ethnic conflicts, but also to the newly emerging threats, challenges, and insecurities. These new uncertainties create serious threats for world stability and over the past years have become the only certainty in the modern world. Due attention will also be given to contested and challenged identities, ranging from Baltic, Nordic Eastern, Central and other European to all world’s regions and nationalities, be these identities state-controlled and manipulated or sporadically emerging and self-asserting. Programmatic themes encompass Nationalism Studies, Memory and Culture Studies, Migration and Diasporas, History, Politics, Gender Studies, Ethnicity and Violence, Minority Rights, Energy Security, Language, Literature and Education, Public Diplomacy, etc.
Conference panels will be organized according to the national and regional foci:
- Central and Eastern Europe
- The Baltic region
- The Balkans
- Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus and the Caucasus
- Middle East and Central Eurasia
The conference is organised by the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy of Vytautas Magnus University.
Chair of the Conference:
- Ineta Dabašinskienė, Vytautas Magnus University
- Egidijus Aleksandravičius, Vytautas Magnus University
- Stefano Bianchini, University of Bologna, ASN Advisory Board
- Zsuzsa Csergo, Queen’s University, ASN President
- Leonidas Donskis, Vytautas Magnus University
- Šarūnas Liekis, Vytautas Magnus University
- Vėjas Liulevičius, University of Tennessee, ASN Vice President
- Francesco Privitera, University of Bologna
- Andžėj Pukšto, Vytautas Magnus University
- Jurgita Staniškytė, Vytautas Magnus University
For more information, please contact: email@example.com