Seeking to encourage student mobility and retain close relations with partner universities abroad, Vytautas Magnus University has founded the VMU exchange programme scholarship in autumn 2009 for the students who travel abroad under VMU’s bilateral collaboration agreements. Students who apply for this scholarship can travel to study at a university abroad for a semester or a year. The competition is announced twice a year: during the spring and autumn semesters. At the moment Vytautas Magnus University has around 140 bilateral collaboration agreements with universities from 40 countries of the world.
Every year around 20 students of the faculty go on bilateral exchange to Japan, China, South Korea, Israel and other countries.
Requirements for eligible selection participants:
- first – third year bachelor degree student or first year master degree student
- average grade of two last semesters is not lower than 8
- no academic holds
- clear and reasonable motivation
The scholarship size is calculated for one month and depends on the length of the student’s stay abroad:
- 1st exchange programme scholarship – 500 EUR per month (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Ecuador, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, USA, Venezuela);
- 2nd exchange programme scholarship – 400 EUR per month (Azerbaijan, Belgium, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Island, Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom);
- 3rd exchange programme scholarship – 350 EUR per month (Austria, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Kazakhstan, Malta, Netherlands, Pakistan, Portugal, Russia, Spain);
- 4th exchange programme scholarship – 250 EUR per month (Armenia, Belorussia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Georgia, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine).
For more information see here.